Question: What should a person do if he is unable to locate a creditor or the creditor has passed away - how should he fulfil the debt? 

Answer: If the creditor has passed away, hand the payment over to his heirs. If you cannot find his heirs, give the amount of money you owed in charity and make the Niyaat that you giving it on it on his behalf. [Mahmoodiya 16 / 439 Aap Ke Masa’il 6/ 163]

And Allah Knows Best

Yusuf Moosagie 

Subscribe to  Daily Fiqh WhatsApp service by sending a message to +27 72 071 3684

Join the Daily Fiqh Telegram channel  https://t.me/DailyFiqh